Founder and Director
A creative and dedicated innovator, I want to make your life easier, your practices more inclusive and your communication more accessible. Utilising both technical and strategic skills, I’m passionate about supporting you to work more effectively with people, with a human rights, disability and accessibility lens. You can read more of my thoughts on our Disability Glossary.
I’ve worked in the community sector for nearly 30 years, with time also spent in government including the Disability Royal Commission, education and more. My focus is on communication that is effective and accessible for everyone. Knowing that nearly half of Australian adults struggle to read above a Year 5 level, my mission is to increase the accessibility of as many documents as possible!
While my expertise is in disability, I have also helped organisations to successfully meet accreditation in mental health, aged care, child safety and community standards.
I have experience developing, writing and facilitating development of:
- Plain English documents, including policies and procedures
- Easy Read and Easy English documents for people with disabilities
- How to documents / technical writing
- Training modules for staff and clients, for face to face presentation, or online
- Promotional material including newsletters, social media and so on
- Successful grant applications and funding reports
- and so much more!
I won’t just tick boxes for you. I need to delve deep into what matters for YOU and YOUR clients, really understand how things work for your team and then create accessible and inclusive information and systems that fit you like a glove.
My dedication has paid off, winning:
- 2015 ACT Chief Minister’s Inclusion Award for Lifetime Achievement in Support Work
- 2021 Pitch Competition with CIT, CBRIN & EPICORP, prize of $5000
Started in 2020, Next Level Inclusion is my dream day job! I realised quickly that (as much as I want to) I can’t help everyone who needs Easy Read and Easy English documents. This led to The Easy Read Toolbox, born in 2021 and full steam ahead in 2022, with the assistance of the prizes above.